All advertising materials are due no later than the published materials closing date. Landscape Architecture Magazine (LAM) accepts high resolution (at least 300 dpi) PDF, JPG, and TIF formats only. Files must be less than 10MB or they will not be received. LAM does not accept film or camera-ready art. Files must be prepared as CMYK. Embedded images must also be in the CMYK color space. All RGB images must be converted to CMYK mode in an image editor, such as Adobe Photoshop, before being inserted into your layout application.
LAM policy requires advertisers to submit a GRAcol2006 certified proof. By choosing not to supply a GRAcol2006 certified proof with your ad, the color reproduction of the ad will be based on industry standard best practices to achieve as accurate color as possible from the supplied digital file. It you do not supply a GRAcol2006 certified proof, a laser content proof will be required for content only – failure to do so may jeopardize the final content within your ad.
*Please do not use fonts Kalinga, Kartika, and Segoe as they are unprintable.
2017 MATERIAL DEADLINES
How to Submit Materials
1. FTP Site: The most efficient and preferred method is via our secure FTP site.
- The FTP url is ads.asla.org/uftp.
- Once the window opens, please click the “Connect” button
- Then enter Username: lamad
- Then enter Password: enter1
- Click “connect” again
- Select the “lamad” folder, then the appropriate folder corresponding with the issue month and year
- Please follow the instructions shown at the lower half of the screen, for drag and drop upload
2. Email: Submissions may be sent via email to email@example.com.
Please name all files (and subject lines of e-mails) using this naming convention:
advertiser_month_year (example: acme_jan_09)
LAM accepts inserts in the magazine and within a polybag. Belly wraps are accepted. Call your salesperson for customized quotes and specifications.
All ads are payable 30 days after the first day of the month of the publication date. Ad materials are due 40 days prior to the first day of the month of publication. Any reduction in ad frequency will result in an upcharge.
All ad cancellations must be received in writing no later than 60 days prior to the first day of the month of publication. Advertisers canceling after the cutoff date will be billed for the space ordered.
Contact Production Manager Sarah Berger at 202-216-2341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.